Monday, May 2, 2011

Homework #49: Comments on Break Homework

To others:

Abdullah
I like that you weren't afraid to state your own opinion on the matter and that your opinion of funerals was very different from the norm. I also liked that you included your own experiences of different cultures. It was interesting to see the similarities and differences that other countries share with ours in terms of caring for the dead.

_____________________________________________

To Me:

Rigel:

I really liked the fact that you interview you're aunt, and your friends mothers as a change of "norm", it made reading you're blog more interesting to read. I found it interesting how for you're aunts family (also you're family) they believed in an afterlife, and that ones life continues in a different realm. The reason i said in's interesting is because, I find it interesting, that in most cultures, and majority of people on this planet, believe in an afterlife or some sort. But i wonder why we believe that, is it an unexplainable feeling? or is it a belief that's been imbedded in us? For your mom's friend I thought it was a bit heart wrenching that she had to see her own dead parent, I don't know how i would handle seeing one of my relatives, and I wouldn't know what to do with their corpse. But for your mothers friend to cremate her fathers corpse I thought it was an interesting option, because that's someone you knew and to turn their body into ash, I think is pretty bold. Before reading grave matters i had already known that funerals were expensive, so i thought that the main reasons people cremated their loves ones for two reasons, won to keep a physical part of them at their homes or wherever, and second because it's cheaper. Anyway, you're blog was a smooth read, and interesting most of all, I don't have anything negative to say, except for good job, and look forward to the next to come.

Abdullah:

I liked the fact that you chose to interview someone that had a very real experience with death. It made your blog a more interesting to read since the information was from a subjective and objective source. I think if you explained more about what your thoughts were from the interviews and what were some of the insights that you took away from the interview. It would have also been better if you had said if the interviews had changed the way you thought about death or if your previous thoughts were strengthened.

Johnny:

I liked how you decided to think outside the box and interview someone that ins't in your family. I found interesting how your friends mother as a child was not into talking about death and almost in a sense avoided it. But how now that she is older and more mature she doesnt mind talking about death and excepts it as a part of life that everyone has to go through. I valued how you asked deep interesting questions to make the person you inteview say alot so we can gain info on this topic. Very interesting to read!!

No comments:

Post a Comment